If you’ve ever been through the pain of trying to pull a group of mates or family members together to book a holiday you’ll welcome the new embedded, mobile optimised booking platform from Skiworld and group booking specialist ‘make it social’. The app builds on modern methods of communicating and organising through online platforms by allowing a streamlined process of booking, with transparency to all members of the group. It follows a simple, step-by-step process:
1. Find your perfect ski apartment through Skiworld.co.uk.
2. Scroll down to the price grid and click on the ‘Book with friends’ option.
3. Create a ski holiday group and invite friends by email or text message.
4. Pay deposit pre-authorisation, which will trigger invites to the friends. They can then attend or not and the group leader can see exactly how the group is coming together.
5. Friends that are attending will then provide their card details. The money is only pre-authorised and won't be taken until the entire group says they’re in.
6. Once the group has all accepted and paid deposits, payments will be processed and Skiworld will then check the apartment is still available and confirm the ski holiday booking.
Eddie Robb, CEO of ‘make it social’ said:
“I know from experience the hassle of being a group organiser. Our technology means you don’t have to pester people to pay and be left out of pocket. I am passionate about snowsports so am particularly excited to be offering Skiworld customers the chance to use our unique software which makes it easier for friends and family to get together and do things in the real world.”
Diane Palumbo, Director of Sales and Marketing of Skiworld said:
“45% of consumers are comfortable with researching, booking and planning their entire trip using a mobile device. Skiworld has recognised the increase in people booking ski holidays via mobile and in groups of friends/family. Skiworld wanted to ensure these customers were experiencing a smooth booking journey and partnering with ‘make it social’ has made this possible, allowing our group customers to enjoy the booking experience and then want to rebook using this system again.”
The booking platform has gone live and is set up for all apartments in Skiworld’s European resorts. With prices starting from £293pp, including self-catering accommodation, flights and transfers.
Visit skiworld.co.uk for more information.