For many of us finding a good ski instructor or guide is largely a matter of luck. You simply sign up with a ski school or maybe pick a name at random and cross your fingers you won’t be crossing your skis.
Often this results in being allocated to whichever instructor is available, rather than one that is particularly specialist in the discipline or level the customer requires.
Now SkiBro- a new ski app and website has taken the guesswork out of this and, inspired by the success of on-demand booking platforms such as Trube (personal trainers) and Urban Massage (massage therapists)- is giving instructors and customers alike a platform to choose and book.
SkiBro allows customers to choose the perfect instructor for them - as defined by their requirements and objectives, instructors’ specialisations (SkiBro asks instructors and guides to identify their two preferred disciplines to teach), detailed instructor profiles, profile video and real-time customer reviews - all at a few touches of a button.
SkiBro was founded by tech entrepreneur and passionate snowboarder Kieran O’Keeffe in 2016, whose previous business venture, a mobile advertising company, featured in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 (fastest growing tech companies) for four years running 2012-2015 as well as the International Track 200 2016.
The app launches in Val d’Isère and Tignes in December 2017, then rolls out in Villars in Switzerland and across other major French & Swiss resorts in early 2018. SkiBro launches in partnership with Evolution 2, France’s premier independent ski school. Users will be able to book Evolution 2 and independent instructors and guides.
Here’s how it works. SkiBro:
• Gives customers more visibility: browse instructor videos, detailed profile, customer reviews
• Gives customers more choice: all available instructors in resort, filtered by specialisation
• Is more flexible: you choose the lesson length & time that suits you and book last minute
• Is more convenient: meet your instructor wherever suits you. SkiBro’s live in-app map allows customers and instructors to easily find each other
• Gives instructors more bookings & instructors set their own price, in real time
IOS & Android apps are now available in App Store & Google play.