We’ve all seen those pictures and videos of skiers and boarders coming down untracked off-piste slopes in deep fresh powder, or enviously watched them from the pistes. But you don’t have to just watch, with training and practice, that could be you! Sponsored Content
The best way to get plenty of both is on a freeride camp ski holiday, such as Absolute Alpine’s on the 21st of March, 2015, in the beautiful Arlberg region of Austria. During this week-long freeride camp you will be taught correct powder skiing and boarding techniques, as well as learn vital on-mountain skills, such as avalanche awareness and rescue – all in a fun, friendly environment.
And what a great freeride location! Warth am Arlberg might be a little bit out of the way, and a little difficult to get to, but it is precisely this isolation which makes Warth so good for freeriding. This is the very definition of a ‘hidden gem’ resort, with spectacular mountain topography that looks like it has been purpose built for freeriding.
You’ll be in safe hands too. Renowned for offering skiing and guiding all over the world with top European ski professionals, Absolute Alpine only uses English-speaking, local Austrian guides who hold the highest Austrian level of instructor qualification, level three.
These leaders are local to the area, and know these mountains like the back of their ski-gloves. They know how to find the best snow, the best terrain, and the best views! They will make sure you have a lot of fun too. Using their experience and expertise, they will give technique tips and advice, provide mountain safety equipment (transceiver, probe and shovel), and run on-mountain avalanche safety workshops so you learn how to use this essential safety equipment yourself.
10 reasons to book an Absolute Alpine Freeride Camp
- The guides will take you to the best untouched runs, far away from busy pistes and crowds – using lifts, traversing or doing short hikes in order to get to the best fresh powder.
- Ski or board the Austrian Alps and the incredible terrain of Arlberg, while getting coached by some of Austria's top ski professionals.
- Discover the off-piste terrain that normally only moderate and expert experienced off-piste skiiers and boarders get to enjoy.
- Your guides will try to make the most out of every day, while still following solid safety procedures.
- Avalanche beacons, probes and shovels are a must if you head off-piste: you’ll be provided with all three.
- Safety Equipment is from top mountain brand Ortovox.
- You will be given an introduction to the proper use of the equipment and talk about appropriate behavior in the alpine terrain, as well as how to assess the snowpack and avalanche risk.
- You’ll get to test Atomic and Salomon freeride skis for free.
- You’ll stay in the charming, ski-in, ski-out boutique hotel, Hotel Lechtaler Hof, that is directly on the slopes, with a magnificent mountain backdrop.
- Freeride camps are fun!”
Freeride camp in Warth Am Arlberg, Austria
Dates: 21st March 2015 to 28th Marth 2015
The package includes the following;
• 7 nights twin share accommodation in a 4 star Boutique Hotel including
breakfast, dinner and après ski snacks (drinks not included)
• Use of the Alpen Spa (Finnish Sauna, Steam Bath, Infrared cabin, etc.)
• 6 Day Lift pass for the duration of the camp
• Professional guiding & training by “Staatlich geprüfte
Skilehrer/Skiführer/Bergführer” (the highest level of ski instructor/ski
guide/mountain guide certified by the Austrian Ski Academy)
• A chance to test Salomon and Atomic skis
• Use of Ortovox avalanche transceivers, probes and shovels
• Avalanche safety workshop
• Toboggan night (including toboggan hire)
• Welcome Package for every participant
• Gala night of a ‘Hüttengaudi’ (mountain hut party) with local food
specialties (drinks not included)
• All participant get a 25% discount for purchases of skies at the
Glide+Slide sport shop
Cost: € 1490 (£1190), € 990 (£ 790) without camp
For more information or details, contact Nesrin Arslan
Tel: +43 69911018072, +41 766721971
Provider: Absolute Alpine