UK tour operator Crystal Ski Holidays has given a welcome boost to travellers worried about finding COVID insurance during the current pandemic.
The company has announced it is offering free COVID Cover insurance for all customers to be used alongside travellers’ usual travel insurance. The COVID Cover covers overseas COVID -19 testing costs, repatriation if medically required, self-isolation costs and new return flights home, to provide added protection and give customers complete peace of mind while on holiday as part of Crystal’s Holiday Promise for the season.
The cover will be included for all customers travelling on any Crystal holidays between 12 December 2020 and 18 April 2021 and applies to all new and existing bookings.
Items covered include:
• Overseas COVID -19 testing for suspected cases
• Overseas medical assistance if a customer contracts COVID -19 while on holiday
• Costs associated with an extended stay and a new return flight home if customers are asked to self-isolate while on holiday
• Dedicated 24/7 emergency hotline
The new cover is part of the Crystal Holiday Promise which also includes:
• Free amends: Customers can make free amends on holidays to any destination up to 28 days before departure. And anyone diagnosed, with symptoms or asked to self-isolate can also amend for free as can customers impacted by local UK lockdowns.
• Cash refunds: If a holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, customers will be contacted and will receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid. Or you can amend for free to another holiday if that’s what you'd would prefer. And if there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or you can cancel your holiday for free.
• Quarantine free: Crystal won’t operate holidays to resorts where it’s known customers will need to self-isolate or quarantine when they get there or when they get back home. If a destination is added to the quarantine list before travel, you can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
• Following FCDO advice: If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before travel or during a holiday, you will be contacted to discuss the next steps. If a destination goes on the ‘all but essential travel’ list, you can amend or cancel for free.
• Keeping customers informed: Customers will be contacted before departure with updates on the latest regulations in place in their resorts. And while away, you can access 24/7 support with the Crystal team on standby on the end of the phone. Take a look at their COVID FAQs here: crystalski.co.uk/covid-19-faqs/
Chris Logan, Crystal Ski Holidays MD explains: ‘We understand that people may feel apprehensive about travelling in these uncertain times and we want to give our customers as much peace of mind as possible. We are still some weeks away from the start of the season and we are currently preparing to operate as planned. But if restrictions impact our programme, or customers feel they would rather amend their travel dates, our holiday promise gives flexible options and additional protection.’
He continues: ‘When they do get on to the slopes, they have the reassurance of being “COVID covered”, and the new health and safety measures in place won’t be anything we aren’t already doing daily at home. Think face masks, contactless transactions and social distancing. Mountain resorts across Europe have been open through summer and skiers have already been enjoying time on the glaciers.
‘They are well prepared to welcome guests for the season and we now have a good picture of what holidaymakers can expect. There may be a lot less après-ski, but the fundamentals that make a ski holiday such a memorable experience – the snow, the fresh air, the exhilaration of the descent down the mountain - will remain the same.’
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and facebook.com/FCOtravel.