Close to the heart of France's mountain sport capital is the catered luxury Chalet Valhalla, with plenty of WOW factor. In winter the huge picture windows look out onto a snowy expanse with the backdrop of Mont Blanc - you would never know that you were so close to the centre of town.
The living space, surveyed benevolently by an enormous mousse's head, reaches up to the rafters and is bordered by a minstrel's gallery. It has a wonderful feeling of space and openness, and once settled in you will feel right in the heart of the mountains - but once night draws in the blazing log fire will guarantee that cosy 'hygge' feeling!
Valhalla is perfect for large gatherings of family or friends and a great place to party. It's also very close to all that Chamonix has to offer, with Chamonix's very own microbrewery and first class après ski destination, the MBC bar, a 5 minute stroll from the chalet.
With seven bedrooms and 6 en-suite bathrooms the chalet sleeps 12-14 guests, there is also a brand new hot tub on the decking outside - the best seat in the house for views of Mont Blanc.
Catering is first class, with special dietary needs catered for with a smile, and a level of friendly service that would embarrass most restaurants.
Special Christmas Deal
Valhalla is already booked up for New Year from 28th December and much of January, but there is a silver lining (to this and the new hot tub as it happens) - Christmas is still available with a last minute price tag of £13,155 for a group of 12, catered with transfers that's £1096pp for Christmas week in a luxurious chalet in Chamonix!
Need to know
The chalet is fully staffed, including your own private chef, and the price includes:
* return airport transfers Geneva / Chamonix
* chalet accommodation
* Egyptian cotton linen and towels (and bathrobes for adults), toiletries by L'Occitane
* welcome drinks at the chalet
* continental breakfast, afternoon tea & home-made cake
* 4 course dinner with wine and coffee/teas, on 5 of the 7 nights
* early supper for any children if preferred
* minibus shuttle service in the morning and afternoon to and from lift stations in the Chamonix valley
* representative service to help with lift passes, equipment hire, ski lesson, guides etc
Winter prices from 1070 euros per person per week.